Cassie has over 20 years experience as a communication support worker for children and adults with disabilities. The past 12 years have been focused particularly on augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and technology.
She has experience working in schools, child care, community, day programs, employment and home settings.
AREAS OF SKILL AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Technology for AAC such as speech generating devices, iPads and communication software
- Lite-tech (non-electronic) communication boards, books and resources
- Training and experience using PODDs
- Creating AAC resources (PODDs, communication boards, visual schedules, etc) and programming devices
- Skills with switching, scanning and eye gaze.