About this course
AAC for Speechies will give you a solid introduction to working with clients who use AAC. We’ll provide you with useful resources, handouts and strategies from fellow speechies who practice exclusively in this area.
Bulk buy and save!
When registering five participants from the same organisation, you’ll only pay for four. That’s a 20% saving.
Who is this course for?
- Do you have clients who could benefit from AAC to facilitate speech development or in place of limited verbal speech?
- Not sure where to start and need some next steps?
- Are you a new graduate or starting out with clients who need AAC?
- Do you want to learn and collaborate with others who have similar clients?
What can you expect from this course?
The ONLINE program, valued at over $2,000, includes:
- Online introductions: Meet participants and expand your AAC support network. You can also share your intended learning outcomes and any key areas you would like covered
- Online course: When the Words Aren’t There Yet (designed for parents, but an essential first step in the program to orient you to AAC. We address the “why” of AAC and share ideas on how to talk to parents about good communication)
- Lunchtime learning: 4 live webinars with follow up practice challenges
- AAC Starter Kit: We will share our favourite AAC handouts and resources to help you start to build your AAC therapy kit
- Certificate of Completion: including PD hours
On completion, you will be invited to join our AAC for Speechies Club. A great way to stay up to date and connected with Two Way Street and your fellow SPs.
2-3 hours of self-paced initial learning, plus four x 1 hour lunchtime learning sessions
- Live Lunchtime Learning: 3 June at 12pm (Adelaide time)
- Getting started with AAC. The AAC big picture and assessment principles. Homework handouts with opportunities to practice
- Live Lunchtime Learning: 10 June at 12pm (Adelaide time)
- Orientation to some of the common AAC systems, including overview of basic programming and available options
- Live Lunchtime Learning: 24 June at 12pm (Adelaide time)
- A guide to the what the first few sessions might look like for a new client who uses or will be using AAC.
- Live Lunchtime Learning: 8 July at 12pm (Adelaide time)
- Interactive session where we will review key points from the course, and answer your live questions (any any submitted ahead of time)