The Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) approach provides strategies to support the design, production and implementation of communication systems to enable genuine communication for a variety of functions in all daily environments.
Presented by South Australia’s only certified PODD presenter, Janelle Sampson, this workshop will provide in-depth insight into PODD communication systems and provide a clear understanding of implementing and using PODD for successful and powerful communication. This workshop is suitable for anyone looking to grow their understanding of, and confidence in communicating with the PODD communication system.
Workshop content includes:
- Creative and practical solutions will be demonstrated through videos and case examples. Participants will have the opportunity for hands on supported practice using PODD communication books.
- Describe the challenges faced when creating communication systems in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customising for individual requirements.
- Discuss the features of a PODD communication system in terms of vocabulary organisation, layout, design, range of access strategies and customising for individual requirements.
- Discuss the teaching and learning strategies for implementing PODD communication systems with individuals and team members.
- Hands on supported practice using PODD communications books.
Who is this workshop for:
- Speech pathologists, OT’s, physios and other Allied Health professionals working with children and adults who have complex communication needs
- Teachers and support staff in mainstream and special settings who have pupils using PODD in their class
- Parents who would like a more in depth understanding of their child’s PODD communication system.
Two days of a PODD workshop will answer many of your questions about your child, client or student’s communication needs.
Morning and afternoon tea and lunch will be provided. Please advise us in the ‘other comments’ box on the registration form if you have any dietary requirements.
$610.50 (inc GST) per participant